Thursday, December 20, 2007

Brett Rhi Chavis

As most of you know now, my brother Brett passed away last June. I've been wanting to put something up here in remembrance of him but didn't quite know how to approach it.

Me and Brett were not the closest of brothers growing up, but as the years passed on and I became less and less of a twerp, we became best of friends. He took me in after I graduated from collage and had no idea what I wanted to do with myself. He was my biggest fan through my marathon running and exploits across the world starting my Peace Corps experience. It wasn't rare for me to be talking to some one and have them tell me that my brother had been going on about me just the other day. I'd like to think he's still telling people about me even though they have no clue who I am.

Brett will be greatly missed by many and it is definitely different with him gone.

3 Comments:

Blogger Judith Burton said...

I am so sorry to read of Brett's passing. He was such a vibrant young man. My son, Jake, a friend of his from Lake Silver, also sends his condolences. I really enjoy reading your postings and especially the pictures of Lora's little one! Give your family my love and prayers.

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please to contact me via the following e-mail address
[Almcclain1 at aol.com] in reference to this posting. Thank you

8:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Chris:

I was deeply saddened to learn of Brett's passing last night. He was someone i was close with many years ago who will always hold a special place in my heart. He flew down to attend my senior prom with me and I had the pleasure of meeting your parents one weekend when I visited him at UNC. If possible, could you please email me at coachkarac@gmail.com?

Again, I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope you are still running. I have my 18th full coming up this year. Sending all my best to you and your family...

Kara Land Cannizzaro

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home