Tuesday, December 20, 2005

In the Midst of the Holidays

So, I have absolutely no desire to run on a regular basis right now. I have decided to go ahead and take a brake until after my visit to NYC in the next couple of days. I may get out and run tomorrow or thursday before we fly out, but I'm not making any promises. I think I just needed a brake. I didn't really take much of one after the marathon and I was training nonstop from january 1st up until the marathon. We'll see how things go.

I have begun the process of researching the things I need to get and take with me to Zambia for the Peace Corps. I am trying to avoid taking to much so that travel will be easy. I am told that many things are available there in the country and that there is no need for me to take them with me from the states. My goal is to come in well under the eighty pound limit on checked luggage we have for the flight.
I have been doing a lot of research on the country of Zambia as well. It is quite a fascinating place, but there are many problems that the country faces and fortunately it appears that they are taking them on full steam ahead. Work over there will be hard, but I think I am ready for it and I am ready to go. Just got to wait out the next five and a half months!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home