Saturday, January 21, 2006

The Krispy Kreme Challenge

Today I participated in a most unusual event. It is known as the Krispy Kreme Challenge. We started at the Bell Tower on the campus of N.C. State University, raced two miles to a local Krispy Kreme, ate one dozen doughnuts and then raced back the two miles to the Bell Tower. I can honestly say that I will probably never eat another doughnut in my life. I was able to eat all 12 of them and finish the race. My time was somewhere around 35 minutes, but we are still waiting for the official times to be posted.

I was talked into this whole thing by none other than my friends Sam and Bryan who I run on the RRO team with. Sam made a good showing and finished in around 32 minutes. Bryan, on the other hand, embarrassed his homeland of Ohio and was only able to to swallow down three doughnuts. As Sam said this afternoon, this is one of those events in which you participate once so as to be able to tell people you did it, but I don't think I will do it again.
I hope to have more pictures of the race soon. Keep checking back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home