Sunday, January 01, 2006

Welcome 2006

Well it's a new year and it is time to look to the future. A year full of fun, excitement and unmeasurable change is coming my way and I am ready to take it on. I was talking with a Zack, a guy I work with, and we were talking about what I had coming up in the next few months. He pointed out that in April I will be doing the Boston Marathon and not two months later I will be moving to another continent. I had not looked at that way. In a span of seven weeks I will be achieving two of my goals in life. Wow. The next five months of my life are gearing up to be quite and exciting time. I feel very fortunate that I am able to do the things a have done and will be doing in the future.

I was reading an article today from the BBC about the increasing problems with the drought and food shortages in Zambia. The World Food Programme, which is in charge of supplying food to the thousands of Angolan and Congolese refugees in Zambia, reported today that due to decreasing aid from around the world they will have to half the amount of food being supplied. The Zambian people, who have been helping the refugees in what ever way they can, are now being hit hard by the ensuing problems and are not able to help as much as before. These people have nothing by Western standards and yet they are willing to go out of their way to help people they don't even know. That is what inspires me to go out and try and make a difference in the world. I am humbled by the task that awaits me and I look forward to everything it brings with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home