Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Back In The Swing Of Things

I am back in NC from fun and exciting trip to NYC. You can never truly know the size and energy of a city like New York until you visit it in person. We took in a good bit of the city on our short trip and had a lot of fun.

Now that I am back, it is time to get back to a good routine with my running. Only about 4 months left until Boston and I have a lot of work to do. Tonight I went and ran with the guys out at RRO and did a little over six miles. Lets just say it hurt a little bit. It's tough coming back after a week and a half brake, but I think the brake did me a lot of good. It should help me to get refocused on my training.

On the down side, being back means I will have to go back to work. I've got a full schedule through sunday. Everyone wanted off for New Years and that means those of us that are working are working a lot. It's OK though. When I get sick of my job, which I often do, I just remind myself that in a mater of five months or so I will be 6000+ miles away starting to do some real good in the world. Until then, it is my job to work as hard as I can here in Raleigh and get ready for the epic journey that lie before me. Every moment of everyday prepares us for, and has an effect on the moments to follow. We can either learn from the day to day occurrences, or we can let life just pass us buy without making a difference in the world. So we must slow down, or we might just miss something thats worth seeing.

At least thats how I see things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home