Sunday, November 19, 2006

Three Months Deep

I am now about a week into my fourth month of service here in Zambia and in total I have been in country now for 5 1/2 months. I've covered 1700 kilometers. (That's 1054 miles for those of you who still have not figured out the metric system) on my bike, read 14 books, learned a lot of Kikaonde, started cultivating my hectare of land (That's 50 meters by 50 meters or 164 by 164 feet making about 2/3's of an acre for those that are still metrically challenged) tried a bunch of new experiences and made a lot of friends. Zambia is both an amazing and strange place to me, but it's beginning to grow on me and I am really happy to be here.

I have added a bunch of pictures to Topher Chavis Photography. Check them out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home