Friday, May 12, 2006

Well folks, I have about 23 more days here in the states. I am in semi-retirement right now and it is great. I can't imagine trying to get all of the stuff I am doing done if I were still working. I am headed down to Florida next week to see a lot of the extended family, and after that it is back to North Carolina to hang out for about two weeks. All of the pieces are falling into place and every time I check something off my list of things to do before I leave it hits me even more, the gravity of what is about to happen in my life. My excitement has driven me to sleepless nights and daydreaming.

Part of my list of things to do includes indulging in the finer things in life before I go. Watching some classics like "Ferris' Bueller's Day Off" and "Snatch". Eating lots of ice cream and rediscovering why I liked Little Debbie Oatmeal Crème Pies so much as a little kid. Drinking a tall, cold pint of PBR and knowing that it is cheap beer. I am sure I will miss all of these things while I am gone, but I can rest easy knowing that they will be waiting for me when I come back.

I have added my address during training in the site and I would love to hear from folks while I am over there. Believe it or not, but you can go ahead and start sending letters and such over in the next week or so and It will arrive at about the time I get there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bo,
I have to laugh at the mention of Little Debbie oatmeal cakes--I know you ate hundreds of them, along with all the other junk food you loved as a kid. Too bad I can't send you some in Zambia, with a gallon or two of Tropical Punch Gatorade. Much love, mom

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home