Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Less Than Three Weeks Left!

Well folks, there is just under three weeks left until Marathon Monday. I finished out last week at around 84 miles on the road. I am now starting my taper. From here on out the main goal is to stay healthy and to start fueling up for the race. It sounds like I might have a posse from the group of folks I am going to Zambia with cheering me on at the race. With that and all the folks that are going from Team Raleigh Running Outfitters, the support should be great.

On the Zambian side of things: there are about 69 more days until I meet up with my future compadres in Philly. I am still working on getting the things I will need to take with me and there is still a little bit of paper-work to do. I get more and more excited to be leaving with each and every passing day.

I have purchased an address book so that I might be able to write I few people while I am in Zambia. I have a few folks addresses but seeing as how I have used e-mail to communicate for the past decade or so, I don't have that many. I am planning on still using e-mail, but my internet access may be very limited while I am in the bush. If you would like to receive mail from me e-mail me your address to topher.chavis@gmail.com . My address during training is as follows:

Chris Chavis/PCT
Peace Corps
P.O. Box 21527
Kitwe, Zambia

Letters take about 10 days and packages take about 3 weeks. I will post this address on the website permanently once I am closer to departure time so you do not have to go searching through months of archived posts to find it. I am really keen on writing letters and I am looking forward to doing it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home