Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Marathon Monday!

Well it is now Tuesday and the Boston Marathon has come and gone. I did not quite hit the time I wanted to, but all in all I would say it was a successful day. I finished 427th with a time of 2:50:18. There were right around 20,000 runners at the race and the weather was perfect. Robert Cheruiyot finished in 2:07:14 beating the old Boston record by just one second. Rita Jeptoo came in first for the women in 2:23:38.

Team Raleigh Running Outfitters was well represented at the race with close to ten runners.

I have to admit that the Boston Marathon was one of the most fun races I have ever done. The course is quite challenging and the crowds were awesome. With the passing of every town as we got closer to the city it seems as though the crowds just got bigger and louder. I am definitely going to run Boston again some day.

Now that Boston has passed I am on to even more exciting things in my life. There is just under 7 weeks left until I head out for Africa. I got to meet Libby, Katie and Brette this weekend while in Boston. These three ladies will be a part of the group of PCT that I am going over with. I am getting really excited to finally get this adventure off the ground. Not much longer and I will be doing my training runs in the bush of Zambia.

Cheers.

1 Comments:

Blogger ray said...

chris,

congrats on finishing so high in the rankings. very impressive.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home