Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Sweet Dreams

For the past few weeks I have had the strangest of sleeping habits. I seem to fluctuate between getting 4 hours of sleep and 9 hours of sleep. I think it is in part due to the amount of training I have been doing for Boston. My body seems to be so tired it can't go to sleep. But then there are the nights that I lay there in bed for hours thinking about what will be when I finally get to Zambia. I know that the marathon has invaded my entire consciousness now. Every night at least part of my dream -if not all of it- seems to involve me running the race. Sometimes it is a realistic view of what my crazy mind has conjured up about the course. Other times it is a surreal interpretation of no race I have ever competed in. I have always had some strange dreams, but never have they been so overtaken by one event in my life.

Zambia, however, has not been completely pushed out of thought by the race. Even my days have turned into a dream like state in which I am conjuring up ideas for what can be done while I am in Zambia and what great adventures I will come across. Needless to say, this has accounted for more than one brain fart while trying to meet the needs of my many tables at work. But seeing as I work at a pizza joint called "Mellow Mushroom", most people don't seem to expect that much out of us.

Over the past week it has really hit me that I am moving out of the country for at least 2 1/2 years in just about 2 months. I have been trying to figure out how I am going to go and hang out with just about everyone I know in such a short amount of time. I guess if I don't get around to seeing everyone, they will just have to come and visit me in Africa.

Well, I suppose I should get to bed now. I can't wait to see what twisted adventures my brain has waiting for me tonight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura in Zed said...

Well Chris, it looks like your friends need to get intimate with the Zambia National Tourist Board. http://www.zambiatourism.com/welcome.htm

:)
Laura

4:23 PM  
Blogger ray said...

think these dreams are interesting? wait till the malaria meds kick in and you start tripping while you sleep.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home