Sunday, April 09, 2006

"Blue skies knocking at my door"

Early today I was laying on the hammock in the backyard starring up through the trees and I was mesmerized. The sky was a deep shade of blue that I rarely have seen. The depth of the color was so that it almost looked as though the sky was flowing like currents in a meandering river. There wasn't a cloud in site and through the mosaic created by the branches of our tree, the sky seemed magical.

One week from tomorrow I will be competing in my first ever Boston Marathon. I am really stoked and the lack of running due to my tapering is driving me nuts.

I am now less than two months away from being a Zambian resident. It's almost surreal in a way. If you had asked me a year and a half ago what I would be doing for the next few years, I really don't think I would have answered in the way things are panning out. The next couple of months should be fun and my growing excitement is about to burst my body into a million pieces.

I hope everyone is doing well and not taking life too serious. Get out and have some fun folks. You only live once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home