Saturday, July 01, 2006

Mafloquine Dreams

Hello Everyone,
It is the first of July and I have been in Zambia now for about three weeks. Things are going great and I am learning a lot. I had my first eval in Language yesterday and it went well. I am learning all sorts of bits and peices about the culture and My program(LIFE).
A few of you have sent me some mail and I thank you. Keep it coming! It takes about 10 to 12 days for it to get over here. My only access to the rest of the worl is the BBC and I think it is turning me British. It is great to hear from everyone.
As you can tell fromt he title of the post, I am on Mefloquine for my Maleria Profylaxis. It is fine except for the crazy side-effects. I am having some pretty crazy dreams, but ther fun. The food is great and my Bamaama loves to cook my favorites for me.
Last week I got to watch Ghana and Brazil go at it on the pitch in a bar in Mwekera Zambia called the Miombo Club. My new friend Josh and I enjoyed the game with some Zambians over a few nice, cold Orange Fantas. It was great. These almost sureal moments seem to happen a lot in Zambia. I guess it's just one of the hazards of traveling the world.
Anyways, I've got to get going.
Peace, Love and Happy Fourth!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what/who in the world is a Bamaama?
-Ryan

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you post your address of email it to me? Good to hear from you. The crew is fast approaching Grandfather.

--Sam

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris thanks for the updates! I would like to know your address too. Not sure why I don't have it! Things are the same at the Boomer. Glad you are doing well...

Meredith R.

12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your safe and sound. Alex and I went to NYC last week. Wow! What an experience that was. Boone is the same. I will pass the blog on to the folks at Footsloggers. Miss you. Jane

8:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Chris.

I am a Peace Corps mom--my daughter Sydney is in Ezibaki Village near Katete. She has just gone off of Mefloquine because of the bad dreams. I am really concerned that Peace Corps volunteers aren't getting Malarone--another prophylaxis with no side effects.

I was so happy to see you are blogging. Sydney did not take a computer and she can't text out of the country anymore. So glad to see you are connected and will keep reading.

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home