Saturday, October 29, 2005

Chilly 20

It's 6:30 AM Saturday morning, dark and cold as can be. Most Raleigh residents are sleeping comfortably in there beds, but where are the RRO guys; gearing up and preparing for a twenty mile run out at Umstead State park. I met up with Sam, Jim, Ben and John this morning to go for a little jog. I was a little dismayed when I walk up to my car at the house and find frost on the windshield. As we left on the run all I could think about was how cold it was and how the longer we went, the more numb I was getting. Come to think of it, I don't think it ever got any warmer even when the sun came up. It might have even gotten colder. Anyways we finished the run and though I was tired and could not feel any part o my body, it was a great run. This will be the last long run before the marathon in 2 weeks. I was happy to see that there were no big problems. Shoes felt great. Legs felt great and I felt like I am mentally ready to do the race. The closer it gets, the more excited I get about finally running it. These next two weeks shouldn't bring any thing too hard in terms of training. Time to freshen up the legs for the race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home