Saturday, October 08, 2005

Race Day

Today I participated in the Cannonball Half Marathon in Greensboro, NC. I think we maybe had about 3 miles of no rain. The remaining 10 had everything from drizzle to complete down poors. Paul, Ben, Sam, Heidi and I were there representing Raleigh Running Outfitters. Ben Got third overall, Heidi was third female overall, Paul was second masters, Sam was first in his age group and I was first in my age group. All-in-all, I think that it was a pretty good showing for RRO.
My time was 1:21:13. That was a couple of minutes behind what I wanted to finish in, but I was still stoked about my time. It felt really good to be out there putting my training to the test. I'm starting to get the marathon itch. Only five more weeks until the Richmond Marathon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home